Is it or is it a gimmick. I will tell you this frame (lower receiver) is not a gimmick. The grip angle the texturing the build quality you would expect to pay so 3 to 4 times more, the cost to send out your glock frame to have this level of work done to is very expensive.. For me the dusk frame change the firearm to a much more capable firearm.... There are no negatives to this frame the upgrade Gen 4 mag release a wonderful addition. Please keep in mind this frame is stiffer than the glock oem i did not feel an increase in recoil... if you do purchase the bare frame make sure you look over the parts list to see what non gen 3 parts are required.....
Dusk Compact/Compact Textured Frame Bare Black
The Dusk 19 CCS frame features a 19° grip angle, improving point ability and making the handling feel more like a 1911 than a traditional GLOCK® feel. It has interchangeable flat & rounded backstraps to allow the shooter to choose their preferred choice of grip. The integrated take-down frame scallops for ease of function and the frame also includes integrated textured grip panels for an ergonomic, stable grip. The grip also includes an integrated, flared magwell with a grip textured toe kick and an enlarged trigger guard to prevent “Glock knuckle”.
- 19° Grip Angle for improved point ability
- LWA Extended SSL Guard to reduce AD SSL lockout
- Integrated Take-down frame scallops for ease of function
- Integrated Grip Panels with LWA Grip Texture
- Integrated LWA Lower Control Flare
- Integrated LWA Muzzle Control Flare with LWA Grip Texture
- Enlarged Trigger Guard to reduce "Glock knuckle"
- Integrated Flared Magwell with LWA Grip Texture front strap
- Swappable Backstraps with LWA Grip Texture
- New Gen 3/4 compatible dustcover