I purchased the LWD Flash Nitride Refinish for an LWD G20 Gen 3 slide. The Flash Nitride Refinish provides an even black color to the slide. I expect the Flash Nitride Refinish to help protect the slide. I think the Flash Nitride gives the slide a very professional appearance.
The Flash Nitride™ process represents the most advanced refinement and enhancement of traditional Salt Bath Ferritic Nitrocarburization. Flash Nitride™ conforms to Aerospace Materials Specification 2753C.
Flash Nitride™ is a thermochemical diffusion process whereby nitrogen and carbon are diffused into the surface of the steel, resulting in a harder more durable surface. This process is carried out at subcritical temperatures, which eliminates any risk of distortion or loss of core hardness. Additionally, every part is quenched in an oxidizing salt bath proprietary to which creates uniform Fe304 oxide layer that is both resistant to corrosion and visually appealing.
The compound zone surface of Flash Nitride™ will have a hardness of 55-70+RC. Depending on the substrate material the compound zone depth will be .00015"-.0002" with an effective case depth of .0002"-.0005".
Specific attributes enhanced by Flash Nitride™ processing include:
- Very high corrosion resistance
- 96-hour minimum salt fog test per ASTM B117
- Most materials will exceed 200-hour minimum
- Lowered coefficient of friction
- Increased lubricity
- Aesthetically pleasing black finish
- Greater durability and abrasive resistance
- No distortion, dimensional change or affect to the core hardness
- Your parts must arrived at Lone Wolf Distributors the week prior to the start of a batch. Approximately 6-8 week lead time.
- We currently only offer this service on Glock OEM, Lone Wolf Distributors and AlphaWolf parts.
- If sending in your own slide, please disassemble it completely (including the channel liner) before sending it in. After removing the channel liner you'll need to replace it with a new one, which can be purchased here.
- Sights must be removed prior to refinishing. Some types of sights must be destroyed to be removed. Customers must be aware of this fact prior to sending in items to be refinished. We can install new sights, if purchased at the same time.
- If ordering Flash Nitride™ with other items, the whole order will be held back and be shipped when Flash Nitride™ is finished. If you need the other items before Flash Nitride™ is completed, please order them on a separate order.
- No returns or refunds are issued on custom services.
- Includes refinish of 1 barrel or 1 Slide only.
Your Flash Nitride™ finish receives a coat of custom
oil as a protective sealant. Application of harsh chemicals and/or cleaning
solvents will remove this oil coating and break down the protective sealant
causing the finish to dull. To help maintain the black coloration of the oxidization layer, simply wipe the surface down using a soft cloth and reapply a thin coat
of oil. Although you may eventually see wear on the black oxidization layer, the Flash Nitride™ treatment is a penetrating treatment and is still in tact.